Psychotherapy and Counselling
Everyone experiences emotional problems at some stage in life and they are often resolved without outside help. However, sometimes they persist and are repeated in different ways in our lives. It may be that in the past you have weathered significant difficulties and may not understand why your current situation feels so bad.
Seeking professional help might initially feel difficult but acknowledging that there is a problem takes courage and is usually a sign that you want to do something and take control of what is happening to you.
Emotional problems can be experienced in a number of ways:
- Feelings of anxiety and an inability to concentrate or cope
- Feelings of emptiness, sadness or depression
- Extreme mood swings or angry outbursts
- Low self-esteem or lack of confidence
- Difficulty in making relationships or repeatedly becoming involved in unsatisfying or destructive relationships
- Sexual problems
- Social shyness or isolation
- Addictive or obsessional behaviour
- Long term difficulties following losses - bereavement, relationship ending, job loss
- Sleep problems
- Panic attacks
- Eating disorders
- Physical symptoms and psychosomatic illnesses
Individual sessions are 50 minutes and the usual fee is £58 per session.